A few ways I can be described:
Social Media Obsessed
Massive word freak (even make up my own words)
I wrote a book about non-linear thinkingand am currently in the midst of a writing frenzy that includes blogging for myself and ghost writing for tech comapnies. I've worked with large enterprise and consulting companies like Accenture, AT Kearney, Deloitte, Gap (Banana Republic) as well as startups and growing businesses. I've spoken all over the United States as well as in Canada and Sweden.
A Few Things I've Done
Throughout my career I’ve been a communicator–sometimes internally in career development and executive coaching–other times externally helping to create a marketing engine for companies. I've often served as a translator between groups of people say between developers and business folks or translating a company's value to customers. I've been called an organization whisperer and a confidante to developers.
- Founded a company that increased revenue 50% each year.
- Coached hundreds of professionals to career success.
- Built 8 departments, 2 companies and 2 organizations pretty much from scratch.
- Named one of the Top 10 Most Influential on Twitter during the Boulder Fire.
- Asked to participate in a forum on the use of social media during a disaster and how to use it more effectively.
- Helped large-scale brands (Sears, Walmart) to create new channels and break into new markets in the digital space.
- Former consultant for the Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Forbes included my thoughts on women entrepreneurs. Apparently the good folks at Cheek'd think I have a way with words. I've also been featured in Chicago Tribune, Chicago Magazine, Wall Street Journal and CNN. A client once said to me: "Where did you come from? You're like Tinkerbell sprinkling her magic fairy dust around my company."
- I drive the freeway like a racetrack.
- My dad worked on the first electric car at GM. He even has his own Wikipedia page.
- I used to train dogs which is why mine can jump from the ground to standing on a fire hydrant.
- I have a deep wanderlust and have traveled extensively by myself including: Spain, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Prague and Morocco.
- I once took a 2,000 mile road trip by myself and by the age of 16 had been to all the continental states except one.
- I've moved across the country 4 times with no money, no job and no friends which means I'm pretty darn comfortable with change, risk and uncertainty.
- Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction) has RT'ed me. Twice.