Prompt: Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.
This photo was taken during a girl's night out. It was a beautiful, warm and lots of fun. The camera on my Evo takes great photos but has trouble in dark situations. So, I decided to play with the new retro app I downloaded from the Droid store. I prefer to be behind the camera and rarely love any photos of me. This is my favorite of 2010 because...
1. It was taken by my dear friend Kit.
2. I *love* retro style things: photos, clothes, pretty baubles...if it's vintage I'm pretty much gonna like it.
3. This photo reminds me of a very fun night with some of my favorite women:
- Cali Harris (one of the creators of Reverb 10)
- Kit who happens to be the co-owner of Atlas Purveyors one of my favorite coffee/tea shops
- The always hysterical Tiffany Sosa and...
- Miss Kate Brown, the fabulous Community Director for Daily Burn.
4. It captures in my essence. This is a very rare event. Kinda like seeing double rainbow. I usually make strange faces so my eyes look kinda freaky in photos. So the fact that my essence comes through is pretty special. It reminds me of my favorite saying. OK, I found it on a perfume ad but the message is solid & a good reminder...
All You Have To Be Is You