June 2011 really sucked. Sorry. I'm doing cold immersion into this blog post just the way it happened to me. Three endings happened in rapid fire within 2 weeks leaving my life unrecognizable. It was a simply awful time in my life. Usually I might try to pass of this kind of life suckiness with a bright "I'm fine!" but there was just no getting around this particular cluster. There were times I wished I could have jumped in a time machine that would take me to one year in the future. But since that technology hasn't been invented yet I lived through it…one day at a time.
As I look back a year later ultimately my life is 10x better because of those endings and the new beginnings I created as a result. There were many insights that came to life. Thought I'd share 'em with you just in case they might be helpful to you one day. Or, this day.
1. The more control you try to assert the less you actually have.
2. Drama is a luxury. One you can't afford. Especially Other People's Drama.
3. Trying to control yourself in a relationship will kill it. Let be what it is.
4. When three separate people urge caution about a person–believe them.
5. You're always worth way more than you think. Ask for more.
6. It always takes much longer than you think. 8 times as long. Factoid from: Deep Survival
7. Self-respect isn't just important. It's the only thing.
8. Conversations that start after 11pm never end well. Don't start 'em.
9. Things just work or they just don't. Forcing something is just sheer folly.
10. Being gifted is a gift. Embrace your natural talents. This is how you'll be successful.
11. Today is the only one you have.