Let's face it. Starting an entrepreneurial venture or turning yourself into a product is tough. When you're trying to brand yourself or a product you've created it can be a bit like a dog chasing it's tail. You can see it but can't quite get to it. Or maybe you just need an experienced person to give you confidence that you're heading in the right direction. Sometimes you just need a bit of outside opinion.
I've spent most of my career in the advice business as either a consultant, a coach or working with the c-suite of a business. This means I've seen a lot of mistakes and you all know that you learn more from failure than success by now right? As a writer and student of psychology I can easily find a match between an audience and the message. After 10 years in executive coaching, career development and recruiting I can easily spot whether there's a fit between an individual and a role in the right culture. I tend to help companies and people in 3 areas: marketing, people and content.
- Creating the marketing function for a startup (strategy, branding, content, channels, etc).
- Building a marketing engine that is repeatable.
- Honing your personal brand and message for professional success.
- Recruiting and hiring social media, marketing and community manager types.
- Assembling a team that are high performance and fit to your culture.
- Onboarding and training new staff to quickly add value.
- Developing a content strategy & editorial calendar.
- Writing including blogging, web copy, articles, job descriptions.
I'm currently working on building out an array of products so I have little time for consulting work. However, if I'm intrigued with what you're up to and think I might be a fit let's talk.
Not ready for a commitment? You can always Pick My Brain.